Community Care Conference at the Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury, London March 10th 8.45am – 4.45pm
DO COME AND JOIN the growing number of us who are championing the vital role and work of health and social care workers
Attend this event to answer questions that include:
• How can support be constructively improved by changing team, management and organisational cultures?
• Why and how can wellbeing and resilience be placed at the heart of supporting caring and compassionate professionals?
• What does evidence shows us about stress, mental health and wellbeing in social work and health settings?
• How can resilience and positive wellbeing be ‘grown’?
• Can we balance interpersonal aspects of supervision? Separating performance management from formal and informal supervision
• How can we promote a positive culture of frontline support?
Speakers on the agenda include:
- Peter Beresford OBE, Professor of Social Policy and Co-Chair, Brunel University London and Shaping Our Lives
- Mike Bush, Member, Professional Capabilities Framework, The College of Social Work
- Professor John Carpenter, Professor of Social Work and Applied Science, School of Policy Studies, University of Bristol
- Dr Clare Gerada MBE FRCP FRCGP MRCPsych, Medical Director, the Practitioner Health Programmer
- Lori Goossen, Organisational Development Consultant, Children’s Services, London Borough of Bexley
- Annie Hudson, Chief Executive, The College of Social Work
- Dr Chris Manning MRCGP, Mental Health Policy Lead, College of Medicine
- Professor Ivan Robertson, Director and Professor of Organisational Psychology, Robertson Cooper and Emeritus and University of Manchester
- Martin Seager, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Adult Psychotherapist and Member, Mental Health Advisory Board, College of Medicine
- Dr Martin Webber, Director, International Centre for Mental Health Social Research, Social Policy and Social Work, University of York